Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Admit it....you'd almost given up on us hadn't you?

Truth is...i almost gave up the dream myself...but after much procrastination and deliberation we've finally begun the project in earnest.

The coupe spent last winter her in my little garage where I nearly finished welding up the top and patching rusty cowl panels before going back down to dad's in the spring. We didn't get much (read nothing) done over the summer with our busy schedules but we're finally getting busy once again.

Last weekend we spent the day putting the plan into action. We started by tacking in some floor board section to stiffen up the body enough to lift it off the frame, which we agreed needs to be scrapped. We also drug some fresh 2"x4" steel in from the south 40 to begin building a new frame. Doesn't seem like much but it feels good to have something accomplished. I'm on call this coming weekend but I'm going to hope work leaves me alone long enough to spend some time with Dad and a 4" grinder cleaning up the welds he'll get done this week.


Here are a few shots of the existing frame. We'd hoped to use this frame but its been through the ringer so to speak and the amount of work needed to clean it up just made us realize we'd better off building our own frame from scratch. 




Here's  the beginings of the new frame. I like it better already.




With the body off the frame I can finish addressing the cancer in the back half. I'be replacing the inner fender panels and patching some areas in the lower areas

No comments:

Post a Comment